Alternate Reality - The Dungeon
This page is to share my progress at reverse engineering The Dungeon
- Item format - A file describing how items (including spells) are represented in memory in the dungeon. This is the entirety (well almost) of my current knowledge.
- Monster format - A file describing how monsters are represented on disk in the dungeon. Some aspects are still unknown. The in-memory representation is different, and many monsters run custom code on loading to alter their stats (such as novices setting guild and alignment, or the thief template modifying itself into a cutthroat or brigand).
- Weapons - File from Guilherme de Sousa, discussing dungeon item format.
- Dan Pinal on Weapon stats - One of the developers of the dungeon talking about specifics of a few weapons.
- Dan Pinal on items - Dan Pinal talking about how dungeon items are stored.
- Weapon damages - Appraisals by the Enchantress on many weapons and armor. From Jason Frear.
As far as I can tell, Weapons and Shields are different only in name. Shields tend to have low damage and high parry, and weapons the other way around.